I love leftovers soup. There’s nothing more fun than picking through the bits and scraps leftover from previous meals and turning them into something tasty, filling, and hearty.
The recipe for the stovetop version is here.
1 large onion, medium dice
2 stalks celery, medium dice
2 carrots, medium dice
250g mushrooms, sliced
5 cups green leafy vegetables, shredded (I used kale and sweetheart cabbage)
1/2 cup yellow split peas, sorted and rinsed
1/2 cup green split peas, sorted and rinsed
8 cups vegetable stock
1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
1/4 cup soy sauce, or to taste
1. Sweat the onion, celery and carrots for 10 minutes using the “Keep Warm” function, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, you can sauté over a low heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and lock the lid on.
3. Set to manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
4. Release the pressure quickly, being very careful of frothing and spitting.
5. Stir, taste, season if necessary.